“Civilization begins with distillation.” – William Faulkner
ATLANTA BOURBON EXPERIENCE SERIES
What makes our tasting seminars different?
Our tastings and seminars will feature excellent craft spirits, and our staff will explain the history and production methods of the spirits in a fun and educational way. Atlanta Bourbon Company is proud to present Julia Nourney, an internationally acclaimed spirits consultant that will present and lead the tasting experience by offering different whiskeys, gins, rums, cognacs, and brandies of the world. Our goal is to show the variety and extraordinary excellent of true craft, while we are waiting.
Each tasting will be designed differently for the occasion. Atlanta Bourbon Company will offer fixed dates for everyone to join in and experience. Private events can be requested. Tasting events are designed for beginners and advanced spirit connoisseurs. GO TO PROGRAM
“The light music of whiskey falling into a glass—an agreeable interlude.” James Joyce
ABOUT JULIA NOURNEY
We are especially proud to have enlisted Julia for our Atlanta Bourbon Experience Series, as part of our “While We Are Waiting” Campaign. Our series of exclusive seminars will show how high we set our own bar, and what you can expect of our future products. Caroline Porsiel, CEOJulia Nourney is an international known whiskey expert, spirits consultant, and contract blender helping distilleries to improve their quality and develop new products.
Julia began her career in Germany and Switzerland, and she has more than 25 years of experience in old world distilling traditions and new world production techniques. She is an author, co-author, and translator of various books, as well as an esteemed judge of several international spirits competitions in Europe, Asia and the United States.
Julia’s accolades include:
- In 2007 she was awarded the title of ‘whisky expert of the year’ by the Scottish distillery Glenfiddich.
- She became one of only 35 officially authorized ‘Cognac Educators’ by the French Cognac office (BNIC) in 2011
- She was conferred a lifelong knighthood for her merits in the whisky business by the Swiss Cotwe Society in 2014.
- In September 2018 she was honored at the London Distilling Expo for her ‘Outstanding Contributions to Craft Spirits’.
- Over the last decade Julia has upheld a close relationship with the American Distilling Institute and is a regular guest speaker at the annual ADI conferences.
Upcoming Tastings & Seminars
Learn about the exciting history of this spirit that shaped Europe over the last hundreds of years.
Let Julia take you onto a journey to the origins of this barrel aged spirit somewhere in France.
Gin & Tonic Tasting
This fun tasting is promising to help you to vote for your favorite Gin & Tonic pairing. Be amazed!