Not every Distillery is eligible for being called Craft Distillery:
- The Spirit must be distilled and bottled on site by a master craft distiller with a “hands-on” mentality
- The distillery must be independently-owned (Less than 25% of the craft distillery is owned or controlled by other parties than the craft distiller)
- Small-Scale Production of maximum annual sales below 100k proof gallons securing high handcrafted quality standards
Read more about Craft Distilling.
The German Beer Reinheitsgebot is known though we believe that a Reinheitsgebot should be valid for liquors as well:
- Ingredients permitted are i.e. water, grains, yeast depending on the spirit and its recipe.
- Not permitted are any flavors and coloring from additives including E150A (caramel coloring). E150A is used often in Canadian and Scottish Whiskeys.
- Additives and enhancers are not permitted. The Reinheitsgebot secures that you drink 100% Single Barreled Quality.
Organic & High Quality
High-quality whiskey production demands the usage of high quality ingredients. We understand that securing quality starts in production with the
- Usage of 100% Organic Grains
- Using of high-quality water
- Gluten-free whiskey: The distillation process of grains may cause, if at all, only very slight gluten in whiskey. The standard of U.S. Food and Drug Administration to contain less than 20 parts per million of gluten. We currently do not focus on gluten-free whiskey.